January 16, 2012

Step into (my) Parlour...


Urbane: notably polite or polished in manner.

I honestly can't think of a better word to describe Parlour Coffee.




In the middle of a busy day, there are few things better than stopping at the delightfully urbane Parlour for a quick Americano or, if there's time, a slightly less-quick pour-over. 

Even if the coffee wasn't the best in the city (which it is), the space is lovely, the people are welcoming, and I can't help but feel good just by being there. There is an inherent coolness to the joint, but the vibe is surprisingly inclusive, rather than exclusive. And, no matter who is in there at the time, I always feel like I am amongst my people. 

On the day that I took this photo, my fella had just left me there to return to work and I was perched on a stool in the sunny window, relishing the last few minutes of my break....and my Americano. I was literally and figuratively in my happy place. 


Parlour Coffee is located at 468 Main Street in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment