January 12, 2012

Have you seen my keys?

It seems that no matter how hard I try to simplify my life, I can't seem to simplify my key ring. Without any exaggeration, one of the happiest days of my life was when I turned over the keys to my old condo in BC and realized that I had exactly two things on my keyring: the key for my Jetta and a vintage VW key fob, given to me by one of my closest friends. As I drove from Vancouver to Winnipeg to start my new life, the lightness of my keyring was the perfect metaphor for the lightness that I was feeling.

Don't get me wrong, I am still quite happy, but my key collection has once again expanded to almost unmanageable proportions. It amazes me when the set goes missing (which is often) and I am starting to understand how Schneider felt. And, yes, I know that all of that weight can't possibly be good for my ignition.


Today, while I was trying to figure out which of two identical keys open my front door, I noticed that I have a mystery key. I racked my brain trying to figure out what it could possibly open and I came up with two possibilities. It is either the key to my fella's garage (where one of my two bikes is stored) or someone is trying to mess with me. I am leaning towards the former, but you never know. The other odd thing that I noticed is that I have 2 doors, plus a garage door, yet I have 5 house keys. Again, I think I am being messed with. ;-)

And, just in case you were wondering, here's what I am toting around:


Clockwise from the top:
- key to Uncle G (VW Golf)
- antique skeleton key (given to me by my fella...the key to his heart, perhaps?)
- mystery key!!
- house keys (2)
- guitar-shaped house key
- house keys (2)
- VW camper key fob 
- Moksha yoga pass
- bike keys (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment