June 5, 2011

June Photo Challenge - Day 5

Last night, Lisagh reminded me that the photo challenge for day 5 would be "Today's Breakfast". Good thing, too, because it gave me time to prepare a picture-perfect muesli before going to bed.

It's a good thing that today's challenge didn't happen on a weekday, or I would be posting a picture of my mid-morning breakfast of melon and microwaved oatmeal, served up at my desk. That's my *usual*; Monday to Friday (and sometimes Saturday), 52 weeks out of the year. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit.

Weekends, though, are a different story. Or, rather, Sundays are a different story. Depending on my mood, there's an excellent chance that eggs might make their way onto my plate, in the form of an omelette or a poched-egg-on-something.

Lately, though, muesli is my Sunday breakfast obsession. With less than 5 minutes of prep on Saturday night, this combination of oats, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, spices and almond milk literally makes itself while I sleep.



In the morning, all I have to do is add some chopped apple (and a pretty garnish), tumble some berries into a bowl and brew a pot of coffee. Then, I curl up on the couch, turn on the TV and see how long I can make it last (the moment and the muesli) before the chaos of the day takes over.

1 comment:

  1. Minus the coffee, this looks perfecto! (you don't want to see Leesie if she's had a cup of coffee!!!)

    ReplyDelete