June 29, 2011

June Photo Challenge - Day 29

It's kinda funny that today's subject is "trees", seeing as how at least 3 of my other challenge photos have been of trees. (Off the top of my head - Summertime, Citrus and Landscape.)

I suppose I could have called this one in, but since it's the second last day of the project, I figured I would actually make an effort. So, in 31 degree heat and 107% humidity, my fella and I hopped on our bikes and went for an apres-work ride out to Assiniboine Park.

These trees are normally high and dry on the banks of the Assiniboine, but the river seems to have a mind of its own these days. Two days from July and "spring flooding" is still going strong.



I took this picture from the footbridge that connects Portage Avenue to the park. Moments later, we saw a few families of Canada geese and a big, dead pelican. I started to sing "The Circle of Life" (as I am want to do in these situations), but R was already on his bike and headed for the safety (and air conditioning) of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment