June 2, 2011

June Photo Challenge - Day 1

What did I say yesterday about my self-portrait? I think it was something along the lines of “it’s going to be a janky, grainy, low-light, arm’s-length snapshot from my half-charged Blackberry”.

Well, do I know myself, or what? This is possibly the jankiest self-portrait in the history of janky self-portraits. It was almost completely unviewable in its virgin state, so, ironically, in the interest of clarity I have upped the graininess and contrast. Now, It's not just janky, it's artistically janky.



But, that said, I don’t look all that horrible and I was in a very relaxed, post-dinner/pre-dishes, sitcom-watching stupor. One could almost say that this is me in my happy place. And, really, besides Tyra Banks, whose happy place includes flattering lighting?

Note: the camera is now charged and I promise to do better. I have 30 29 days to get this right!

No comments:

Post a Comment