November 26, 2010

Hoo needs sleep?



With my life-o-the-party days behind me, there are only a few things that will keep me up all night – crafts, crafts and crafts. Despite the fact that last night was a school night, I stayed up until almost 2 am* finishing five jewelry racks and two new Scrabble board mirrors for the big sale at the WECC tonight.

I think I have mentioned it before (oh, maybe about 764 times!), but this one is so big that it bears repeating. Tonight’s sale is a joint-effort between the Manitoba Crafts Council members and the fine This Ain’t Your Grandma’s Craft Sale sellers. (Technically, I fit into both, but tonight I will be there as a TAYGCS vendor.) It is the first time that the two groups are getting together to put on an event, and I think the partnership will be an interesting one, with TAYGCS bringing the funk and the MCC providing the class. (Now you see why I’m leaning one way, rather than the other?)

Anyway, as I was saying, I had to pull an (almost) all-nighter to get ready. With Sunday’s sale at Crescentwood nearly cleaning me out of racks, I wanted to be sure that I had a few more on-hand for tonight. I can’t guarantee that they’ll sell, but I’d rather have too many than miss any opportunities for sales. Any “extras” that I have will be taken to the Park Theatre sale on Dec 5th and/or the WFF sale on Dec 18th, or (god forbid) given as Christmas gifts. That’s a worst-case scenario, though, so fingers crossed that they all find homes tonight!

See you at the show!

* I would have been in bed about 2 hours sooner, but I was filling-in for a fellow Mozy Rue ECO Collective member who was feeling under the weather…and what weather it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment