July 16, 2012

Day 16 "Sign"


My favourite thing about working downtown used to be the drive to work with my fella. With crazy schedules and two separate households, the morning commute was often the only time that we had to spend with each other. It may have been only 20 minutes or so, but it was better than nothing.

Now that I am no longer a cog in the machine, my schedule is a lot more open. Most days, I am finished work before most people are even out of bed. That hasn't stopped me, however, from driving my fella to his office in the morning. Not only do I get the privilege of seeing him in his shirt and tie before anyone else, I am handsomely paid for my troubles* in coffee. 

And there, my friends, is the segue into today's photo of the day. It's the spoon canister from one of our morning haunts, the Urban Forest Cafe. The "We Are Dirty" sign makes me giggle every single morning. It just doesn't get old....

*Really, it's no trouble at all. What the heck else am I going to do at 8am?

No comments:

Post a Comment