March 11, 2011

(un)Funny Girl

This week’s Winnipeg Girl Geek Blog Challenge assignment is to create a satirical or funny post. You would think that a call to humour like that would be right up my alley, but, alas, nothing could be further from the truth. As far as challenges go, this one is by far the most...well, challenging.

Although I am known to many as a “funny girl”, I am really a very serious person. In fact, those who know me best would describe me as “solemn”, “somber” and even “dour”. Sure, I’ve been known to crack a joke or two, but it doesn't come easy to me. My lame displays of comedy are simply an attempt to hide my own lack of social graces and inherent humourlessness. Behind my occasional smiling, joking facade lies a wounded, tortured soul; Levity doesn’t come easy to me, my friends. At best, my efforts at humour are a thinly-veiled attempt to lighten the mood and, in turn, distract others from witnessing from my own inner-turmoil and discomfort.

But, that said, I have been asked to provide “a post with a personality” and that is exactly what I shall do. Being one of few words, I will let the following photograph speak for me.





(lol)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really having trouble with the challenge this week too! I'm usually quite tongue in cheek, and am often told I am funny, but it has to be natural, and not on demand.

    ReplyDelete