August 16, 2010

Girls with Glasses

When I first found the image of this cute little hairbanded, bespectacled gal (below), I was immediately smitten and knew I had to have her for my new line of stamped Scrabble pendants.

I think she looks a little bit like Lisa Loeb:

...a little bit like my girl-crush Tina Fey:

...and, ok, a little like bit me:

But, resemblances aside, it's her bored/bemused expression that kills me. Maybe it's because I spend 79% of my day with the exact same look on my face (and the other 21% rolling my eyes), that I feel a certain kinship with her. And, hopefully, someone will see her in my Etsy shop, feel the same and be compelled to buy themselves a pendant...or to pick up one for their favourite "girl in glasses".

(Speaking of my Etsy shop, check out the new "Pocket Shop" widget by Craft Cult to the right of this post. That thing is rocking my world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment