September 17, 2010

'tis the season...already?

All the signs are there; the chill in the air that makes you want to pull on thick socks, the sound of geese as they begin to make their plans to head south, the sudden changing of the leaves. With only 4 "official" days left in Summer 2010, it's definitely beginning to feel like fall is soon to be (if not already) upon us.

To some, fall means picking pumpkins, getting lost in corn mazes, and packing up the garden tools. For me and my crafty friends, however, it means buckling down and coming up with the goods that we need for all of the craft sales that we started signing up for in July.

This year, I'll be taking it "easy" and focusing my attentions on the shop, custom orders, and a few carefully-chosen community club and gallery sales. So far, I am confirmed for a Scattered Seeds "Bling" show in St Boniface and the Creative Collection sale at the Crescentwood CC. I also have an application pending for the Cre8ery annual open house/sale and I am watching for announcements about the Grosvenor School sale and the "This Ain't Your Grandma's Craft Sale" at the Park Theatre. (I did the TAYGCS show last year and had a BLAST, so fingers crossed for that one.)

To go along with the KISS (Keep It Simple, SRSLY) theme, I am going to be concentrating on pins, pendants, pillows, notepads and cards, mirrors, altered altoids tins, wallets...oh, who am I kidding? Simple just isn't in my vocab. ;-)

Let the fun begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment