September 29, 2010

Mine...all mine.

I used to make stuff for myself all the time; clothing, accessories, furniture, art, you name it. In fact, when I worked at Fabricland and *had* to sew items to display in the store, I was making myself a new dress or outfit (or bag or pillow) every week! Lately, though, my purely-selfish projects are few and far between. When I do have time to sew, paint, or craft-it-up, I do it for the store or custom orders. And, it’s not that I’m complaining; I am absolutely grateful for the work…it’s just that I was beginning to make myself jealous!

So, this past Saturday, I decided to take a little time to sit down and make myself some things with the many beads, baubles and charms that I have been hoarding. An hour later, I had a nice little collection of necklaces and earrings, and the inspiration to make a few new pieces to sell!



The choker pictured above was one of my fave pieces from that session. I found the “artful” tag at a bead store in Minneapolis and had to have it (for obvious reasons.) It reminded me of the silver “Return to Tiffany’s” necklaces that I have been coveting for years, so I used it to create a slightly shabbier, copper-tone version. What do you think?

I love it so much that I am going to use the rest of the tags that I picked up to make a few more. They all have different words and numbers, so each one will be OOAK, and they’ll all be up for grabs in the shop and on the Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment