September 22, 2010

Good things come...eventually.

After years of searching (seriously...years), I have finally snagged a vintage stained glass window. Oh, sure, there are tons of them around, but most of the ones that I have seen are upwards of $100, regardless of condition. I wasn't about to give up, though. I knew that I would fine one that would fit my budget if I just kept my eyes open. Did I ever think I would get one for $15? Hmmm...nope...and that's what makes this find even sweeter!





















This one, which I picked up at the Habitat ReStore last weekend, is not what I would call “pristine”, but to me it is perfect. And 6 of the panes are pink. PINK! Can you imagine living in a house with pink windows? It would take the whole idea of “rose coloured glasses” to a whole new level.

Right now, my precious window is safely tucked into a corner of my living room. I would love to have it in a place where the sun could shine through it, but that’ll have to wait until I can coordinate hooks and eyes and chains and anchors and a drill...you know, the more I think about it, the more I like it where it is.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking print on the end table. It's so cool to see my art people's homes!

    ReplyDelete