To quote Steve Martin, "If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be that all the children to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace. If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season…”
Ah, that never gets old. But, seriously, if I were forced to make a list, it would read something like this:
- A trip. To anywhere - across the globe, across the country, or across the river. Heck, I'd settle for across the street.
- Something shiny.
- The new Steve Martin book.
- The new Amy Sedaris book.
- A subscription to Bust magazine.
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn for Wii.
- A 2011 pin-up calendar.
- Sirius satellite radio (for home and car).
- Command Start.
- A work bench.
- A big, rolling tool kit.
- A bigger gym bag, to accommodate all of those shoes!
That said, I spend most days feeling almost overwhelmed by my good fortune and really don’t want for anything. ‘cept for maybe time. More time to enjoy the things I have (and the people I adore) would be good.