April 15, 2014

Pies, pies, pies.

photo by Ian McCausland

If you follow me on the Twitter, you've probably been wondering what's up with all the pie-talk lately.

Since I have a bit of free time on my hands, I have been helping my friend Heather with her pie business, Shut Ur Pie Hole. We are baking out of a big, bright commercial kitchen and selling Heather's pies at the Knox Community Food Market and random events throughout the city. It's been lots of hard work, but also lots of fun.

This Thursday we'll be setting up shop at The Bay Downtown to sell pie by-the-slice, as well as whole pies and those amazing little pies in jars (above). If you have a hankering for pie and a little history, come down and join us over the lunch hour. And, if you can't make it, give us a holler and we'll bring the pie to you!

Twitter: @zenbecca or @pielady
Email: zenbecca@gmail.com or hldaymond@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment