September 1, 2012

Day 1 "Me, now"


Yes, that's me. Sometimes a girl just wants to be someone different for a day. 

Since the last time we spoke, I have turned 40, survived a 10-day visit from my mother (Hi, Mumji!!), and become a certified Spinning instructor. Any one of those things should be enough to excuse my 3 week absence, but I shall apologize nonetheless. I do hate to leave the ol' blog hanging, you know.

So I feel any different now that I am 40? Ehh...yeah. Maybe a little calmer, but a good part of that can be due to the fact that I was FREAKING OUT before the big day. In retrospect, I'm not sure what I was worried about. Age is really just a number...so what if I am in the next checkbox on the questionnaire? (Gah. Breathe. Breathe.) I do know that I am in way better shape than I was at 20, I have a great kid, a terrific fella, and another 40 or so years to fill with exciting stuff...

...starting NOW.




No comments:

Post a Comment