February 18, 2009

a shout-out

One of my top three credos is "Don't ask questions that you do not want the answer to." Try as I might to stick to it, I can be a little lax on that policy sometimes...especially when it comes to Googleing myself. I just.can't.help.it. (I have to let my narcissistic side win out over my virtuous side once in a while...)
So, where was I going with this? Oh, yeah...today I was indulging my curiosity (just a teeny bit) when I came across one of my altered playing card sets, "Fortune 1", in a Valentine's post on this site: http://naomipiercey.com/?p=1007
That made me smile.

In other crafty news, I have signed up to take part in a fashion/craft show on March 8th at the Costume Museum of Canada. It sounds like it is going to be a really fun event. Here are the details:

Green is the New Black
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2009
Time: 7:30pm - 11:00pm
Location: Costume Museum of Canada
109 Pacific Ave, Winnipeg, MB

"We will be showcasing Winnipeg talent who focus on up-cycling various products. The evening will centre around a fashion show where five Winnipeg designers will show off their talents. We will have 10 cratfers selling their up-cycled goods, and The Lazy Rivers will be playing after the runway show.
Tickets are $20, there is limited seating, so buy your tickets in advance. They will be on sale at the Costume Museum we are open 10am-5pm Monday to Saturday and 12-4pm Sunday, if you wish to come down and buy your ticket. Otherwise you can call the museum at 989-0072 and purchase your tickets by credit card and we will mail them to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment